Position: Assist the Congregational President in the performance of his duties and act in his absence. Report to the Voters’ Assembly on the actions of the Council.
Requirements: Established by Constitution Article IV, must be an active communicant member and an active male voting member. Term of office is from January 1 to December 31, not to exceed 3 consecutive terms. Nominated and elected by majority vote at the November Voters’ Assembly meeting.
Time Commitments: 2 hours each month to attend Church Council and Voters’ meetings one time a year for procedural meeting, and Long Range Planning meetings as needed.
Voters’ Meeting: Held during the months: February, April, June, September, November, December. (2-3 hours per meeting, plus preparation.)
Church Council: Held during the months: January, March, May, July, August, October. Same time as allocated for Voters’ meetings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Congregational President in the performance of his duties.
- Perform the duties of the President in his absence.
- Report to the Voters’ Assembly on the actions of Church Council.
- Chairman of the Procedures and Long Range Planning Committee.
- Vice-President shall interface with the Congregational President as required for special assignments and to assume the President’s role.
Budget Line/Activities: None
Training: No District/Synod resources or video resources available. Refer to Procedure Manual of various committees assigned to.